Skip to main content

2021 Goals

 2020 was, in so many ways, a fabulous year for me.  You read that right.  It brought me my daughter, and a clearer vision of many people in my life who I temporarily saw through rose coloured glasses.  I was blessed to work in a position that the lockdown essentially had me on an extended Mat Leave with full pay, because we began working from home in March and I, truthfully, had very little work to do due to having no classes in session as I work for the local College.  It also granted me the freedom to help my In-laws in their office, and they also kep tme very busy in the barn while they tried to get their mare bred and I was often Ultrasounding up to 5 mares a day for nearly 3 months straight all whilst being very pregnant.  When I went on official Mat leave in July, it felt like an easy transition.  As Eowynns birth date approached, I spent most of my summer with my feet up eating a disgusting amount of Watermelon (cravings, mkay?), nestled in the safety of my own farm.  Since her birth, I was able to visit with my family twice despite the current global affairs, and I am grateful for an entire year of Maternity leave which is more than I can say for many friends stateside.  I also re-kindled my appreciation for Knitting; a skill I laid to rest about 20 years ago which has kept me busy in the evenings.  Regardless, while once again I wouldn't wish this Pandemic on anyone, I came out relatively unscathed compared to many others and for that, I feel incredibly blessed.


No one knows what 2021 will bring, but I've decided to set a few goals anyway.  I always start the new year with the best of intentions that rarely seem to come to fruition - I'm notoriously great at getting caught up in things and lets face it - in a year, a lot of things can come up that may effect the fairytale goals that were set while I was feeling hopelessly optimistic. But hey, screw New Year, New Me - why change now?!

I've set a lot, but we shall see what the new year brings.  Without further ado, behold my 2021 Goals ...


Personal

- Keep my kid and husband alive and happy

- Not have a complete mental breakdown about returning to work in August

- Create a grand scheme to be able to work from home in the next 5 years

- Get my damn finances in order

- Implement more appropriate financial habits

- Read more, because since Eowynn was born I fell off the wagon and got sucked into the Netflix vortex

 - Find the joy in every moment, even the ones that feel devastating

- Continue working to take a step back and a deep breath when things feel too heavy

- Use my Camera more, and maybe book some photo shoots again

- Trust my judgement more, especially when it comes to people 

- Keep the garden weeded


Horsey

- Complete my first AI (Bonus Points: successfully)

- Survive the breeding season with better outcomes than 2020 brought

- Spend at least 50 hours in the saddle (keeping in mind, I'm currently riding seasonally)

- Jump more, ya pansy!

- Ride other horses like King and Banker

- Find a balance and variation in and out of the ring; in and out of the saddle


Farm

- Finish at least one side of the stalls

- Get all the hay off in good shape

- Build some new shelters

- Improve the functionality of the barn

- Build new tack/feed room

- Finish the fencing projects we started in 2020

- Re-finish the solid wall in the cross ties

- Continue to improve the arena footing


Here's to an adventurous 2021!


Comments

  1. Good goals. I will set some up too. How is King and his weight gaining project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's coming! I really should make another post about it - thanks for the reminder!

      Delete
  2. Great goals! I hope you are able to achieve it all

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vet Trip #2 For The Big Lady

I don't talk about her a ton, but we were given Lass, a Clydesdale mare with a rough past who is well into her teens, last fall. Friends of ours who live on an acreage but really aren't 'horse people' 'acquired' her after seeing what kind of condition she was in. They had a vet out to address some concerns that included some sort of fungal issue on her legs and open sores housing fly larvae on her back.  The Vet said her teeth were fine, and they did their best to get some weight on her.  They attempted to sell her, but quickly realized it was in her best interest to just give her away to an experienced home. They're friends of ours, and they asked us if we would take her - My hubby has wanted a draft for some time, so he twisted my rubber arm and I agreed. Shortly after our friends acquired her When we went to look at her, it took 4 of us about 30 minutes to catch her.  She was extremely standoffish and made it clear she didn't want anything

Blog Hop: 2020 Summary; Covid Edition

 While we all live in different towns, have different goals and different lives - but one thing that we all have in common is what a wild and wonky year 2020 was.  The reality is, it's all affected us in one way or another, and with 2020 coming to an end it's time to reflect and look hopeful towards an improved 2021. What's the best thing that happened to you in 2020? Personal: Hands down, the birth of my daughter .  After 4 years of fertility struggles, I'm beyond grateful and though some days feel like an eternity of struggle, confusion and pain, my heart has never been more full. Horsey: It's hard to choose. Despite hardly riding, I've had a lot of wonderful horsey-filled memories this year.  From the birth of Phascinating BRR , my second homebred to date, to the few rides I got to enjoy and making a major investment in my breeding business, there's been lots to be thankful for. What's the worst thing that happened to you in 2020? Personal: It's