Skip to main content

Q1 Review

Well Q1 is coming to a close, and it's been a bit of a 'different' quarter given that Sierra was gone for the majority of it, however it was exciting none-the-less.  Shortly after we rang in 2020, Sierra ventured south to my trainers for an undetermined amount of time due to poor weather.  Eventually, my funds limited the adventure and Sierra came home at the beginning of March.

While Sierra was away, I spent most of my time living through the woes of the first trimester of pregnancy.  I was very nauseous (but rarely puking, which I honestly think may have been worse) and exhausted.  I've struggled in the front row of the body image adjustments as my body changed in ways I couldn't control.  Towards the end, my hips began to loosen which felt really weird, and the headaches have been incapacitating at times.  Luckily, that is * mostly * behind me now, and Sierra is home and we are getting back into the swing of things!  The headaches and congestion still plague me, but for the most part I can push through it.

Image may contain: horse, sky and outdoor

Sierra spent about 2 months down with CA and underwent vigorous training during her stay.  She was ridden 6 days a week, and CA did some incredible work with her.  She came back very fit, strong, forward and straight - all great things!  We rounded out Q1 with a clinic with CA, and in the wake of COVID-19 all events (including shows, clinics, etc) have been cancelled so the show we had on our radar next month is no longer going to be an option.   In addition, the barn is now closed to haul-ins and is only open to boarder traffic for the foreseeable future and I am now working from home for the forseeable future.  As a result, I chose to bring Sierra home last weekend after she got her feet done.  Given the current weather (it's still hovering around -20C at night) and the snow load, I don't foresee a ton of schooling in our near future, but hopefully we will hit the roads and get some miles logged.  Unfortunately Sierra is currently injured and we're slotted for one last (hopefully) blast of winter so I don't forsee much happening in the way of expenses or riding for the next week or two, so i'm releasing this Q1 Review a little early.

Q1 Budget

Memberships: $50.00
Board: $1,140.30
Farrier: $375.00
Horse Shows; $585.00 
Travel (Return Only): $472.50
Feed: $85.00
Lessons: $250.00
Training: $200.00
Body Work: $85.00
Total in Q1: $3,242.80



Prior to Jan 1st I also paid the following in in respect to pre-paying some January expenses


Training: $800
Travel: $450
Total: $1,250.00



No photo description available.

Thank you for reading - I genuinely enjoy reading your comments :) 

Comments

  1. Oh no! Sorry to read Sierra is injured - I hope she has a full and quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Sierra recovers from her injury.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop: 2020 Summary; Covid Edition

 While we all live in different towns, have different goals and different lives - but one thing that we all have in common is what a wild and wonky year 2020 was.  The reality is, it's all affected us in one way or another, and with 2020 coming to an end it's time to reflect and look hopeful towards an improved 2021. What's the best thing that happened to you in 2020? Personal: Hands down, the birth of my daughter .  After 4 years of fertility struggles, I'm beyond grateful and though some days feel like an eternity of struggle, confusion and pain, my heart has never been more full. Horsey: It's hard to choose. Despite hardly riding, I've had a lot of wonderful horsey-filled memories this year.  From the birth of Phascinating BRR , my second homebred to date, to the few rides I got to enjoy and making a major investment in my breeding business, there's been lots to be thankful for. What's the worst thing that happened to you in 2020? Personal: It's

Vet Trip #2 For The Big Lady

I don't talk about her a ton, but we were given Lass, a Clydesdale mare with a rough past who is well into her teens, last fall. Friends of ours who live on an acreage but really aren't 'horse people' 'acquired' her after seeing what kind of condition she was in. They had a vet out to address some concerns that included some sort of fungal issue on her legs and open sores housing fly larvae on her back.  The Vet said her teeth were fine, and they did their best to get some weight on her.  They attempted to sell her, but quickly realized it was in her best interest to just give her away to an experienced home. They're friends of ours, and they asked us if we would take her - My hubby has wanted a draft for some time, so he twisted my rubber arm and I agreed. Shortly after our friends acquired her When we went to look at her, it took 4 of us about 30 minutes to catch her.  She was extremely standoffish and made it clear she didn't want anything