Skip to main content

3Day Adventures Blog Hop: 3 Words

I stumbled across this Blog Hop this morning as I perused through my reading list, pretending this is not the busiest week at work in our 8 week rotation.  Not only do I love Blog Hops because it expands my reading list, but I love reading the posts.  This Blog Hop was originally created by 3Day Adventures, and in it, she asks you describe your horse(s) in 3 words.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Kidd

Sensitive
Kidd is a red head, through and through.  He's incredibly sensitive both emotionally, and physically.  If one little thing in his tack isn't how he likes it, he will be incredibly awkward and uncomfortable. While it's not in his nature to pitch a full-on fit, he revels in negative tension.  He is easily upset when not spoiled and told how brilliant he is, and while it's nice he's invested, it works against us more often than not.

Image may contain: horse and outdoor
Fun-Loving

Kidd loves to have fun and is very easily bored.  He is very true to his name, and is constantly picking at things/people/horses and trying to play.  He loves to get out into a change of scenery and sometimes struggles to control his excitement.

Image may contain: one or more people, horse and outdoor

Busy

Kidd, as aforementioned, is a very tense horse when not in a full program, and I struggle to develop the relaxation he needs to train correctly.  His brain is constantly busy and as L Williams put it in her post, "his brain hamsters" are in over-drive on a regular basis.

Image may contain: one or more people, horse and basketball court



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



Kai

Accident Prone

I have never, in my life, met a horse as regularly hurt as Kai. I really hope that once she is on a regular training program she will stop hurting herself as most of them seem to be related to her 'over doing it' in turn out.

Image may contain: 1 person, horse, sky, outdoor and nature

Jekyll & Hyde Personality

While I wouldn't say she has suffers from a "multiple personality disorder" as she really only has 2... One minute she's sweet as sugar, and the next minute she has the ultimate mare-stare going on with a snarl and glare that would scare a grizzly.

Image may contain: horse, sky, cloud and outdoor

Willing

Kai, thus far, seems to be incredibly willing.  This really sets her and Kidd apart. While Kidd is competitive, he is just as happy (or happier) to waste away in a field eating his life away. Kai likes to get out and do things, and she is quite brave as a result.

Image may contain: one or more people, horse and outdoor
Photo by M. Thompson

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January Analysis & February Goals

We have survived the first month of 2019 and as I expected, we were hit with both Snowmageddon AND Mother-Fcking-Cold-Mageddon.. and we were also hit with "oh my god it's nice, I wanna garden and play with ponies outside" as well as "it is so windy, I think my face literally got stretched off my skull".. We have literally had all 4 seasons in the past 30 days, and while some days were glorious, it also put a damper on my January goals . January Goals: Spend at least 4 Hours in the Saddle I'm going to call this a win. I had some issues with my Equilab app that required Technical Support and some of my rides were lost, so while I currently have about 3.6 Hrs logged for January, I'm thinking I hit 4, or just over. Continue with regular Stretching (on the ground) I definitely put a lot of time into this, and also introduced a new REMT who gave me additional stretches to do.  At our 2nd appointment, she said there was noticeable difference! Sp...

Field Trip No. 003 | HTS II: Working The Steps

On March 30, the local Sport Horse Club that I am the president of, hosted our second Hunter Training Series Show, "HTS II".  Many of you probably recall the first show  ("HTS I"), which was pretty fucking terrible.  I was very torn on going to the second show as my rides since the first show were very sub par and quite disappointing to say the least, but I had determined that if I could clear my head and go into it open minded, I would go for another schooling opportunity.. and I literally left it to the last possible minute to decide. I was feeling overwhelmed when my truck was broken down and the parts arrived late, so until roughly 2:30 PM on Friday afternoon, I had no idea if I was even going to be able to haul Sierra to the arena for the show. I concluded if I couldn't haul her in on Friday and stall overnight I wouldn't take her, as I am far too busy running the show to haul her in the day of.. but alas the parts arrived, my hubby came thru and ...

Field Trip No. 002 | HTS I Show: C'est La Vie

On Friday, March 1st I left work early and headed home to load my horse trailer full of supplies for the Horse Show that we store at my house.  Our first show of the year was scheduled for Saturday, March 2nd and not only was I running it, but I had also planned to ride in it.  It's a 3 Part Hunter Training Series (AKA HTS I), and we had a Walk/Trot Division, and a Hack Division in addition to over fences from Cross Rails to 2'6 with flats & jogs.  I had entered the W/T under saddles but skipped the in-hand because I didn't feel like it was fair to be eligible for the W/T High Point, and I also entered the 3 Hack Classes.  "C" was bringing Hershey as well, and as a fellow show committee member she and I decided to haul Sierra and Hershey into the arena on Friday to stall over night. This show has been on my radar since much earlier this winter, and it was a stretch goal at best, but I knew I wanted to 'go through the motions' of a show to see how ...