With Christmas just around the corner and my ever-growing desire to get back to work with Kidd heavily weighing on me from a day to day basis, I'm caught setting plans and goals for 2017. While initially I wanted to travel into BC to Train with some high quality instructors and show at the Gold Level, I have found myself doing a complete 180 in my plans to do so. With the addition of Kai, and Nikki being booked in to be bred to Cherokee Country, I have decided to change my intentions and to be totally honest, I am fully okay with it. With Ray and I saving every spare penny to buy our own farm, I can't be inconsiderate and spend unnecessary amounts of money on things that can wait.
- Compete locally at First Level
- Confirm our Flying Changes and Half Passes
- School the Second Level Tests
- Comfortably school 2'6 +/- Courses
- Compete at Walk/Trot
- Develop Relaxation & Connection in All 3 Gaits
- Haul Around a lot
- Hack Out / Trail Ride regularly
- X Ray Front Fetlock
- Get her confirmed in foal to Cherokee Country (booked to be bred in May)
- Improve my flexibility and ability to isolate my body parts in all 3 gaits
- Get more fit, though I'm sure riding 2 horses will help
- Be more understanding & less emotional while riding
- Appreciate even the smallest advances
I think that's it for now, so feel free to post your goals!